Monday, February 3, 2014

Check-In and Casting

YOU GUYS TODAY HAS BEEN SERIOUSLY CRAZY.

Check-In this year was (as I understand) a little different than it has been in the past.  They actually gave people suggested check-in times (as you might have gleaned from my last post) and from what I understand, they're really enforcing adherence to those times.

They also said not to get there before seven but I was really eager, so dad and I got breakfast to go and ended up arriving at Vista around 6:45.  Luckily, they didn't turn us away, but we had to stand in a line for a while.  I finally got to meet my roommates, which was awesome!  They're both lovely, beautiful people, so I'm feeling really lucky to have found them!!

After waiting until a little after seven, they let us in and actually started the check-in process!  They give you a program guide with tons and tons of information about basically everything (and even a planner in the back!) and then you wait in line to get a sticker disclosing your work location.  For some people, this can be vague, such as an area, and for others, it's specific.  I happened to get a specific answer, and I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that I'll be working on the Kilimanjaro Safari ride in the Animal Kingdom!!!!

ACTUALLY IM DYING OF EXCITEMENT DONT TOUCH ME IM DEAD I DIDNT EVEN REQUEST IT HOW LUCKY CAN I POSSIBLY BE CAN YOU DIE FROM BEING LUCKY BECAUSE I THINK I HAVE IS THAT EVEN A THING AHHHHHHHHH

Anywho, after you get your sticker, they whisk you away to get some papers checked and then they take your picture for your housing ID.  Then, you find out where you're living.  I got placed in Chatham Square, which was my third choice, in a four-bedroom (eight person) apartment (also my third  choice but i'm not complaining i mean i got kilimanjaro safari i can't complain about anything).  Then they tell you lots of things and they give you some free stuff and then you're done!  It only took about half an hour for all of that for me, so I was done with enough time to move my stuff into my room before I went to Casting.

Casting takes place in an absolutely adorable building right across from Downtown Disney and for me, it was really painless.  You get a training schedule and then meet with someone to talk about any questions you might have, and then you do a lot of standing in lines and doing paperwork.  That being said, the process is very streamlined and everyone is very nice and it only took about an hour!  After all that, I was free for the rest of the day!!!  I dropped my dad off at a hotel, because he has an early flight and i was way more sad than i thought i would be and then I headed back to the apartment to unpack and meet the rest of the flatmates!!! They all seem absolutely wonderful, so I'm really looking forward to getting to know them a little better!!!

I hope everyone's having an amazingly magical day!!!

P.S. I know I said I would take pictures, but I forgot the software CD for my camera…so I guess I'll try to use the ol' iPhone starting tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment