Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Update?

Jambo, ladies and gents!  I didn't really know what to title this - it's just kind of going to be an update on my life for the past week or so.  I can't remember the last time I updated, for which I apologize.  I've been (as always) rather busy!  Plenty of work, plenty of play.  Did I post about going to Universal?  Because I WENT TO UNIVERSAL AND IT WAS GLORIOUS.

This is the sign they have over the entrance to the Islands of Adventure!  Isn't it lovely?

I went with four of my roommates and we all bought season passes - expensive, but theoretically worth it.  They have a couple of different levels and I got the one that included free parking, which saves me $16 every visit!  And I'm planning to go back veryyyy frequently to visit Hogsmeade.

Seriously, though.  It's beautiful.

Well, we rode the Hogwarts ride and the Dueling Dragons one, and then we shopped around a bit and went to eat at some cafeteria in ToonTown.  It was actually really, really yummy!  I got this pizza that was genuinely delicious - like, it was better than some pizzas I'd gotten at real restaurants!  We also got Butterbeer, of course, but we didn't do much else - I had to work early the next morning and didn't want to stay too late.  But that's the lovely thing about season passes!  I don't feel rushed, because I'm going to have until the end of the summer to do everything I want to.

The five of us in front of Hogwarts!

Actually, I was going to go back today, but I've got a really, really bad cold, so I decided to stay in and sleep it off - which has thus far been unsuccessful.  I have tomorrow off as well, though, so hopefully I'll be able to make a recovery before I have to work on Thursday!

I wasn't feeling too hot yesterday, either, but I really didn't want to call in sick (they have a weird point system that makes it basically horrible for CPs to call in), so I went in anyway.  Pretty early on I made a mistake and popped up on one of the curbs, so one of the coordinators had to sit me down and talk with me about what I did wrong and tell me not to do it again.  It was awful!  And then, not even an hour later, the head of the whole operation walks over to me in his nice dress shirt and slacks and climbs into the passenger side of my truck and says that he wants to ride my safari.  He's a really, really great guy - very nice, very genuine - but I was still TERRIFIED.

guys i literally thought he was going to fire me or something it was awful

But then I gave a safari with him sitting right next to me and it was fine and nobody died!  Yay!  He told me that I had a "technically excellent" safari - meaning I knew all of my facts and had a pleasant voice, etc., but that I sounded like a recording - a perfect recording, yes, but a recording nonetheless.  He said he was looking for a sense of wonder and then offered to give a safari while I drove, so - voila!  I chauffeured Mike and a group of guests around and got to listen to his safari.  It was really very interesting, nothing like any safari I'd been on before; he was very conversational and hardly gave any facts about the animals.

After my next break, I decided to take some of his advice into account and started trying to act a little less professional and a little more conversational.  And, hark!  After my last safari, one woman walked over to me and asked for my name and told me that I'd given an absolutely amazing safari - the best she'd ever been on!  

Needless to say, I'll be thanking Mike next time I see him!

So that's basically been my life.  ...Yeah.  Nothing too exciting - like I said, I've basically spent the day inside, watching TV and sleeping and drinking lots and lots of orange juice.  And blowing my nose.  I've blown my nose so much today that it feels like it might fall off.  

Anyway, I hope you're all doing much better than I am and that you've all had a lovely, magical day!


5 comments:

  1. ........you went to harry potter world......... ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT HA YOU AREN'T A SNITCH SO THERE HA I WIN MWAHAHAHAHAHA. Also sorry you are sick! Dayquil is a wondrous thing and so is sleeping. I hope you feel better! Call me soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wait I DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE A SNITCH I THOUGHT YOU WERE A SEEKER GET OUT OF MY LIFE WHY DO YOU NEVER TELL ME ANYTHING

      xxxx

      Delete
    2. woops i am the seeker. my bad. it is too early for this!

      Delete
  2. EILEEN WHERE FORE HATH THOU GONE??? I HATH NOT HEARD FROM THOU IN A LONGISH TIME

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep looking seeing if you have updated..... You haven't. It makes me sad....... I miss you

    ReplyDelete