Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Apartment

As you may have read in an earlier post, I've been assigned to live in a 4-bedroom/8-person apartment in Chatham Square which I wasn't initially super stoked about.  However, I've been completely won over and I already LOVE my apartment and all seven of my roommates!!!  Anyway, I've been promising pictures for a while, so I thought that today I would give anyone who cares to know (prospective residents, maybe?) a quick picture-tour of my apartment. [NOTE: pictures were taken on an iPhone because i forgot to download the software for my camera before i left]

My half of the room!  (in case you can't tell, I <3 books…and pillows)

The bathroom that I share with three other girls (shower ruffles and blue bathmat not provided by housing).

A lovely little study area (complete with ports for ethernet cords) in the hallway.

The disappointingly small kitchen (yes i did buy a disney princess cookbook).

The main living area - nice and spacious because there're eight of us!

Our cute little corner balcony - complete with a lovely view of the rest of Chatham Square!

So, there you have it: a mini-tour of the apartment I'll be living in for the next six months!  There are definitely some downsides (looking at you, kitchen and bathroom), but on the whole I really, really love it!!  Also, I took most of the pictures last night, and everything is much prettier in the sunlight (I'm just too lazy to retake the photos).  So far, everything's been so great!

Okay.  Most everything has been great.  Actually basically everything except for the fact that the water down here tastes TERRIBLE.  Like, it's literally the worst tap water I've ever tasted.  I've half a mind to go buy a couple gallons of purified water to use for my tea because the stuff I've made so far is literally not even tea.  I don't know what it is, but it's certainly not Twinings Earl Grey.  Not.  At.  All.

EVEN THE COFFEE TASTES WEIRD THAT'S HOW BAD IT IS.

/rant over/

But, as I've said, despite a few very minor details, I'm having tons and tons of fun!  Yesterday I had the day off so I spent it running errands, hanging out with the roomies, and spending some time getting to know some of my other new friends, too.  This afternoon I'll have Traditions, which I don't technically think I'm allowed to blog about, and there I'll get my WDW Cast Member ID - meaning I can get into the parks for free!  Woohoo!!!  I'm planning to go to Hollywood Studios to ride Tower of Terror (much against my better judgment - EEK!) and watch Fantasmic this evening.  You guys probably won't get a post about it anytime soon, because by the time I get back I'm going to have to go right to bed - because I have DAKlimation (my park orientation) first thing in the morning on Friday!

I hope everyone is having (and continues to have) a magical day!!!

7 comments:

  1. DID I FORGET TO WARN YOU ABOUT BRINGING A WATER PURIFIER BECAUSE THE WATER TASTES LIKE ACTUAL TOILET WATER I FORGOT DIDNT I I AM SO SORRY welp i guess you learned the hard way like the rest of us good that's part of your orientation A+ also your living room is massive and the desk seems like its in a really awkward place and your kitchen is weird chatham is weird but wHO CARES YOU'RE IN DISNEY HOLLAAAAAAA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO NO I ALREADY HAVE A WATER PURIFIER AND IT STILL TASTES AWFUL LIKE HOW IS THAT A THING

      Delete
  2. "(looking at you, kitchen and bathroom)"
    YOU FORGOT THE OXFORD COMMA!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the oxford comma only applies to the comma before "and" in groups of three or more things

      do your research

      Delete
  3. That sounds wonderful!!! I laugh at your lack of coffee - I have delicious mountain water here! Also you need to message me about the star wars stuff. Especially if you are going to Disney today :D And why would you need a study lounge if you don't actually study??????? I MISS YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait how many comments did you leave on this post okay I went to MK yesterday, but I think I'm going to be able to pick that up for you today! I'll text you for your address.

      Delete