Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Drug Testing and Housing

Hey, all!  Yesterday I had a ton going on, and every second of my day was exciting!

9:30-ish was exciting because I had to get drug tested because I'll (maybe? hopefully?) be driving at DAK!  YAYYY said no-one ever!!!  Anyway, Disney finds a way to make everything engaging - even getting drug tested.  When I got there, there was a cute guy who (I think) used to be a CP and now worked for the company and who was talking to all of the CPs waiting in line so we didn't get bored or go in before it was our turn.  Then I filled out a bit of paperwork and voila!  I was done less than a half an hour after I'd gotten to Vista.

Only now am I realizing that I probably should've taken a picture this time…oh well!  I'm sure I'll be back over - one of my friends from UNC is living over there.

Which brings me to the second exciting thing about drug testing: I ran into him (my friend) on the way out!  It's kinda a smaller world that I would've expected at Disney.  We got to talking and made plans for the afternoon and evening, which I was pretty excited about.  After we'd both finished the housing meeting, I took him to get some supplies and then we hung out with his roommates and their friends for a few hours before he took me to see one of his friends from high school (who is also doing the program) and then the three of us went to Downtown Disney to window shop and get chocolate strawberries.  One of his other friends met us there - I'm just meeting new people all over the place, which I absolutely love!  The more the merrier!!!  And then when I finally got back, I played some board games for bonding with the roomies <3 and didn't end up getting to bed until 1:30 i regret nothing

Anyway, that was kind of an aside.  Directly after drug testing, I came back, had about an hour and a half to cool my heels and eat bananas, and then it was off to the Housing meeting!

If that's not too dark for you to see, this is what it looked like when we walked into the room for the Housing meeting!

Again, let me reiterate: Disney makes everything exciting.  It was about a ten minute walk to the Commons (another housing complex) for the meeting, and when they let us into the room, There was loud music and some fog and probably even a light machine - it was a surprisingly cool atmosphere!  They talked to us a lot about SafeD (a.k.a. disney's strict safety ideas) and about some of our resources and then they told us how special we all were and made us feel really wanted and magical to win us over before they saddle us all with awful shifts for the next four to six months.  Anyway, I left feeling awesome and special and super excited to be here, and then had a blast for the rest of the day!  

I hope you're all having a magical day!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have seriously tried commenting on this so many times I have no idea why I am trying again but I figure if I post actually from my computer it might do something. CAN"T HOLD IT BACK ANY MOOOOOOOOOORE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison - in case you didn't figure it out, you got the posting to work. Guess you have to use a real computer <3

    ReplyDelete